A Visitors' Walk through Bad Münder
We would like to invite you to go for "A Walk through Bad Münder". The following text describes a route which will lead you to various points of interest in Bad Münder. You will find signs on the buildings giving you important information and the town guide will help you to find everything. You need to plan about an hour for this tour. There is a parking are.a for your convenience at the "Kurmittelhaus" (Spa treatment centre) in the street called "Osterstraße".
• Start at the "Haus des Kurgastes" (1993) - ( leisure centre for spa guests and visitors) with the Martin-Schmidt-Konzert Saal" and tourist infonnation centre next to the park (1998, 14 hectares) with the orchestral shell, minigolf area, two lakes and the "Gradierwerk" 1999 - (Sole-salt mineral water for inhalation purposes ).
• Next to it is the "Kurmittelhaus" ( 1980 -(Spa treatment centre ) with a physical therapy centre, "Sole"- mineral movement therapy pool and the weil (spring) with the therapeutic water.
• After leaving the "Kurmittelhaus" turn left and follow the street "An der Saline" till you get to the "Laurentiusfriedhof' - an old cemetery.
• From there follow the street " Laurentiousweg" till you get to the "Bahnhofstrasse" with the bus stops and supermarkets. Follow the "Bahnhofstrasse" uphill for about 200 metres to thc bcginning of thc historical parts of thc town - to thc "Altes Niedertor" (old gatc).
• Turn left and go into a narrow lane called 'Treppenwall" and follow the old former town wall until you get to the street "Schulwall".
There you will find the old primary school (1874).
• Leading from the school is a small path which brings you to the "Steinhof mit Mönnicbshof' ( 1596 - Weserrenaissance -today a savings bank ) and the "Hotzhof" with the ancient town wall which was built in the Middle Ages - 1721 ) Today it is used for city council offices.
• Behind the "Steinhof' you will find the "Süntelbuche" -a tree which is over 100 years old and unique to this region.
• Back at the "Steinhof' please follow the "Petersilienstrasse" till you get to the "Obertor"
• Turn back. aml go down the "Kellerstrasse". You will find the local history museum (Wettbergseher Hof-1575) on your left.
• Continue along the "Kellerstrasse''. On your right (comer) you will fine the oldest house ofthe town (- today it is a pub) till you get to the "Marktstrasse" with the local Town Hall ( 1806-1815) and the ''Söltjerbrunnen" (a fountain showing the former salt carriers and workers)
• Go down the "Martkstrasse" until you see the Kornbus (1546) on your right.
• Opposite the "Komus" you can go dovm a narrow lane to get to the church grounds with the Petri Pauli Church (1840) and its tower (1528).
• After going round the church grounds go through another narrow lane to get to the Echterostrasse. There you will find the Hoppenmarkt.
• Follow the ''Echternstrasse" till you get to the "Lange Strasse. Tum left to get back to the Niedertor and walk down the street, passing the fire brigadc station. Turn left into the Osterstrasse and follow it till you get to the Tbiebrink.
• From there it is just a few steps to you starting point near the park and parking area.